Monday, October 31, 2005

Twice in One Year

It's Monday and Halloween. You'd think today wouldn't be just like any other Monday, that there would be something special or different in the air. Well believe there was. Let me tell you the interesting story of the day. Ok, ready:
It started like any other Monday (or other day of the week for that matter) with my first alarm going off at 6:15 and the other at 6:30. After pushing the snooze button for 30 min, I finally decided to roll out of bed and start my day. I went about my regular morning rituals (showering, getting dressed, doing my hair and makeup) except I didn't have time to do my makeup this morning cause I have to leave by about 7:30 in order to make it to work by 8:00, so I decided to take it with me. I grab my stuff and head out the door. I walk around the corner and what do I see....(i'm making you wait in suspence)....but my trunk open, which I find rather strange. I can't help but wonder why my trunks up as I approach the car. Just as I come up to the back of the car I see that my stereo and the panel it's installed in have gone missing again. Well great I'm thinking. I've been robbed twice in one year (the last time was in April). So I turn around and walk back inside so that I can call of the office and tell the profs that I work for what has happened. After successfully contacting the history department, I precede to call my mother to let her know what has happened and then I call the police and the insurance company. Now what really bites, other than the fact that the creek who did this stole one of my favorite cd's that was in the cd player, is the fact that my insurance won't cover any of the damages. See after last April's incident and the hail damage in May that totaled my car, the insurance said it wouldn't cover any more claims and dropped my car to liablity (leaving me responsible for all damages). The police take their report and nicely inform me that I'm not the only person in our area to have called so far this morning with the same problem, which makes me feel a little better cause at least I know I'm not alone. Finally, I am able to find a place to install a new window for relatively cheap, so at least I have a new window now. I will say that I have some of the greatest friends ever cause they have taken care of me today and helped make my day a lot better. Thanks you guys and you know who you are!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home