Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Hard Truth

During my quite time I have been reading through and studying the minor prophets. Last week, as I was finishing up Hosea, I came across a verse that hit home for me and in my opinion for a vast number of Christians.
Hosea 13:6 says: "When I fed them, they were satisfied; when they were satisfied, they became proud; then they forgot me."
How true this is. We turn to God for help and love only to turn our backs or think we can take care of things ourselves when things start going well. In times of crisis we also turn to God for guidance, but it seems most times during the good times we tend to focus on ourselves and how we are doing well. We forget to thank God for what He has done for us and continues to do; because we are not responsible for the blessings in our lives only God is. I know that I am not free of this and its definitely something I struggle with but at least I realize it now and can seek God's guidance. So I ask for your prayers as I continue to try to seek God everyday and allow Him to make me more Christlike.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home