Friday, July 08, 2005

Hard Week

This past week has been the hardest week since we left Texas. I'm not talking physically hard, but emotionally hard. First, it was the 4th of July and I realized it was the first year I hadn't been in Texas at home with my family and going to the fair in downtown Garland. Second, this week is the half way point for the trip. It's hard to believe we have been in SoCal for 5 weeks. It doesn't seem like it has been that long since we said goodbye to everyone and made the long drive out to the coast. I have truly enjoyed my time here, but the distresses of this week caused me to be really homesick. This is the first week I've been really homesick. And to top off the week, yesterday my mom told me they had to put our dog down. Molly was my puppy since I was in 2nd grade. I knew she wouldn't make it much longer, but I didn't expect her to really die yet. The vet told my mom they think she had a stroke and that's why she hadn't been doing well for the past two days. So on Wednesday afternoon, my mom had Molly put to rest. I know she was just a dog, but she was a member of my family for 16 yrs. All this on top of other stuff has made this week a very emotional one. How I could go for Sandra and Sharissa hugs right now! Well gotta go before I start crying again.

1 Comments:

Blogger browneyes142a said...

I hope that your week is going better. I'm sorry about your dog, that's really rough. Pets are very special. I'm still praying for you.
I Cor. 1:3-4; Psalm 119:76-77

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home