Monday, June 13, 2005

Weekend in Rewind!

As of Friday the SoCal group had to say its goodbyes. After training on Friday we all left (except those with Inland Empire) to go to our host homes. I was rather sad, because we had just spent the last 7 days together growing and developing friendships, but I know that when we get together it will be amazing.
My host family is awesome. I love Irvine (it's a lot like Plano-for those that understand what Plano is like)! My family has introduced me to a lot of new things. On Saturday morning I went to breakfast with Kim(she's in 8th grade) and Mike(my host dad)-we went and had bagels. And yesterday, they took Haley and I for lunch (we had Greek food-believe me it was DELICIOUS!). Before Bible study last night, Mike, Kim, and I went to Balboa Island for frozen bananas-they were good!!
Saturday afternoon-Haley, Derrick, Kasey, Justin, and myself went to Hollywood! We walked down hollywood blvd. and after seeing the major attractions we drove to Bevelry Hills to Rodeo Drive. Saturday was a lot of fun!
Sunday was our first official day of work/church. We met a LOT of people Sunday morning and then we went to a 20s Bible Study that night. It was interesting and tons of fun. We met two people from the church who are in college-Patrick and Lauren. The Brown's(the house we were at) cooked during for all of us, we did a study of Philemon, and then we watched a movie-Best in Show. Now that was an interesting/funny movie-really random and crazy. Right before we started the movie another girl from the church(who most people didn't know) showed up with about 10 of her friends from another church. It was really funny because Michael Brown thought they were our friends from Texas and we were like we don't know them. Two of them-Rachel, the one from PCI, and her brother are from England.
Today was our first "official" day in the office. We had to be here at 9 and Debbie, the children's minister, left already at 1:30 so I have nothing to do for the rest of the day. I'm waiting on Haley to finish up whatever she's working on so we can do somemore shopping. Haley needs to get some stuff because she's going to Yosemite with the youth group in about 2 weeks.
Well, that's all for now! I miss everyone and we're praying for ya! By the way, the SoCal group has started its own blog to update everyone of what's going on out here as a group so if ya wanna know what's up the blog address is socaliinterns2005.blogspot.com

2 Comments:

Blogger Sandra said...

Sounds like you are having FUN! love ya!

11:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

waddup, T.

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home