Friday, June 17, 2005

One Crazy Week

Well, in the last post I gave you a break down of what we did for the weekend and now I'm gonna try to explain what a crazy week this has been. First on Monday we started working at the church. I'm working the with Children's Minister Debbie-she awesome. When we got her she took Haley and I with her to Office Depot to pick up some supplies for VBS and then we stopped at McDonald's on the way back to the office since she only had $10 on her. Debbie and I worked on VBS signs for the church because it is next month. After work (which was about 2/2:30) we went to the first Old Navy of the week at Tustin Mall. Then I went home to read.
Tuesday, went to work again and this time I went by myself cause Haley had a meeting with the youth interns. Debbie decided to go Father's Day shopping so I went with her and then we went back to Office Depot in an attempt to exchange labels. Upon returning to the office we worked on VBS mailouts. Shortly after that (around 2) Haley and I left again for another venture to another Old Navy. The first Old Navy was kind of ghetto, but the second one was nicer-it's at another mall.
On Wednesday, I went with Debbie to Fashion Island in an attempt to decide the clues for Family Fun Night on Saturday-it's a Scavenger Hunt. We got back to the office around lunch, and Debbie told Haley and I leave for the day so we called the Inland group cause we knew they had the day off. SO we drove to Riverside and went shopping at the Galleria on Tyler and Barnes and Noble. After that Haley and I had to drive home because she had youth wednesday night.
Thursday was spent finishing the clues for the scavenger hunt and then doing nothing. Oh yeah, we lived through our second earthquake, though it was the first one we felt. Let me tell ya it was a little scary and weirded me out just a bit. After work, Haley and I went on another adventure-one of finding a Walmart, since there isn't one in Irvine. There are about 3 or 4 within 20 minutes of us. We decided to go to the one in Laguna Nueva (around Laguna Beach). I've decided that California does not know what a SuperWalmart is because as of yet none of us have been able to find one. Oh well. Our host families set up a thing to where different families of the church feed us so that we can get to know other members of the church. Well, last night was our first outing to dinner-we had dinner with the Wilkinsons. We have dinner and bible study tonight with another family.
Friday-thus far we've come to work although no one is here because everyone has Friday off except for Judith (the secretary), who told us to come in even though Debbie (my boss) told Haley and I we didn't have to. So we're sitting here basically doing nothing as usual, but it's cool.
Well, that's my crazy week-exploring 4 different malls in 3 days and hunting for Old Navy's and Walmart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home