Friday, January 21, 2005

Crazyness

So my life has been a little crazy lately. Last Friday, I received an email telling me there was a grader position open in the history department and to email the graduate advisor if I was interested. So I did, she responds by telling me to come by her office that afternoon. Mind you I was already going to Holden to meet with my thesis advisor. So in a matter of about 20 min, I get hired and told I'm working for Dr. Stoll (his Religion in America class) and Dr. Milam (Vietnam War history) and that my job is effective immediately. If you didn't know I still worked at the dr's office up till this point. So I go in on Monday and give him my 2 wk notice but tell him that my new job has already started. He tells me that I can figure out how to do my hours, he really doesn't mind and says he doesn't want to stress me out any with my classes. I figured out Thursday would have to be my last day cause I also work at the church on tues/thur mornings. For my last day, he took me to lunch at Jazz (which was the first time I'd been there.

On top of all this, my dad had hip replacement surgery a week ago thursday and has been in the hospital for a week. On Tuesday they were suppose to move him to the rehab floor but apparently the insurance decided not to approve his move. Well, they didn't tell my parents this until yesterday. Gotta love the hospital adminstrators and drs. Oddly though, the insurance did approve for a therapist to come to our house 3 times a week. (strange I know)

Other than my world spinning out of control (thankfully I know Christ is in control of it all) life is awesome. I'm enjoying my new job and I'm learning tons. It's really good because it'll help me when I reapply to be a TA for the fall. My dad is doing well and is happy to be home. Finally, the best part of these crazy two weeks is the time I have been able to spend with some amazing people. Last semester, I was shut off from the world due to all the work I had to do and this semester I hope to do better at staying in touch and involved. It helps now that I am on campus to have lunch with a nice group of 930s!! Well, I'd better get back to work in my "office" (aka Sugar Browns!!!!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home